Thanks to all you awesome folk who stopped by our photobooth this past Saturday at ‘Fall On The Green’ and shared ideas on how to make the 95th Street Corridor a more happening, better, safer place. Click here to check out some snapshots from the sunshiny-day’s event!
Welcome! We’re talking about Oak Lawn’s 95th Street Corridor and your input is essential to making a great plan! This project will focus on improving corridor aesthetics, streetscape and building design, attracting and retaining businesses, and enhancing pedestrian connections and multi-modal transit including bikes and buses.
Why plan? The 95th Street Corridor has many great opportunities to build upon (some of which are listed below). This plan will work to accent such and create a more pedestrian focused, transit-friendly environment. Be sure to share ideas using the Comment Map and join the conversation on Facebook!
Existing corridor opportunities include:
- Traffic counts at 30,800 ADT and growing.
- The planned Cal Sag Trail.
- Strong connection to the interstate highway system at I-294 to the west.
- Diverse character zones (retail, commercial, civic and town center uses).
- New shops and dining near the Metra station within the Town Center.
- Pace bus service.
- Enhancement recommendations as part of the Harlem Avenue Corridor Plan.